30 Thoughts Post Graduation

Hello, there! I hope you all are enjoying your week and catching as many Pokèmon as you can. Yes- I have been ensnared in the arms of this new fad. My boyfriend basically forced me to play, but after the first time, I was hooked! Anyway, earlier this summer I wrote a post about all the things I would rather do than accept the fact I've graduated. Since graduation, I've accumulated a list of thoughts concerning my life (or lack thereof) post-graduation. Today I am here to share some of those thoughts with you, partially out of humor and partially as a form of self-prescribed therapy. Enjoy!









30 Thoughts Post Graduation
1. What is 'job'?
2. How do I obtain said 'job'?
3. Is a LinkedIn account even important?
4. Why does it tell them I looked at their profile?
5. I can't creep without them knowing...
6. How many of my friends actually have a job? 
7. How did they get said job?
----
8. *Walking through Towers Lobby These Pitt Start kids seriously don't know where Antoon's is? Soon. Very soon.
9. I really hope they don't think I'm a freshman.
10. I kinda wish I were a freshman again..
11. I bought way too many phone cases freshman year.
12. I just spent way too much money, in general, Freshman year.
(It was the year I discovered Chipotle.)
13. Forget the Freshman 15, it's more like the post-grad 25. 
14. Can I still use my ID in the gym?
15. I really don't want to risk the embarrassment, and it's too hot outside, so I guess I'll be a sloth again today. 
16. Or I could just go for a walk, instead. 
*ends up at the nearest ice cream shop
17. Why am I gaining so much weight?
----
18. If I move back in with my parents I won't have to pay rent.
19. But then I'll have to live with my parents again..
20. I miss my cats.
21. I wonder how many cats it's acceptable to adopt within one month.
22. But I'd be "rescuing" them. Really, I'd be a hero.
23. Then I wouldn't technically be drinking alone.
They just invented wine cats can drink for a reason..
24. I'll just convince my boyfriend to adopt a cat, instead.
----
25. Remember when I thought I would only need to send in 15 applications tops?
Yikes. 
26. I should really be looking for jobs right now.
27. "Help me, I'm poor."
( On repeat. )
28. Can I just go back to undergrad again?
29. God, I'm hella in debt.
30. Guess I'll just go back to blogging! 
**Resolutely pretends all problems are fixed and there is nothing to worry about. 





xoxo,


Instagram / Twitter / Facebook / Snapchat: rgolden75 / Bloglovin'

12 comments:

  1. You're hilarious! But really, everyone has these thoughts. And you can turn off the thing on linked in in your settings! Then when you look at someone's profile it'll just say "someone viewed your profile." Good luck post-graduation!

    Greta | www.gretahollar.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the best!! I had a feeling there was a way to turn it off, but I couldn't figure it out. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. Gosh, I feel this whole post deeply! I thought undergrad was complicated but post grad is a whole different ballgame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a completely different kind of challenge and one I definitely wasn't prepared for--no matter how much education I received!

      Delete
  3. HAHA my husband got me hooked on pokemon too. It happens. And when he graduated we had all these thoughts too! And we did move in with his parents. It was worth it for the time. Good luck on your new journey, where-ever it leads, it'll be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's definitely going to be an interesting few months, thats for sure!

      Delete
  4. Hahaha this rings so true! I felt exactly this way when I graduated. I remember applying to a really prestigious media outlet right out of college. I was thinking "they will hire me fore sure, I am awesome!" Sending out all those applications can get really exhausting and discouraging. But I promise it is worth it, even if you have a few shit jobs first. That gives you "the experience" (total bullshit) but mostly the money you need to live while you get something awesome. (I am still not sure linkedin does anything. But whatever)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that same thought every time I apply for jobs! Its a bit of a wakeup call, but it's definitely a good learning experience.

      Delete
  5. This is too funny! It's such a weird adjustment post-college!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha this is hilarious! I still have some of these thoughts and I've been graduated for several years now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) but yeah, I have a feeling some of these thoughts will make a reappearance, even after I snag my first full-time gig.

      Delete